BIRCHBOX October 2018 Unboxing + Review



I gotta say, Birchbox is doing something right with their curated boxes, since I end up picking those 90% of the time over their sample selection and personalized boxes. October's box did not disappoint!


The Rundown:

ITTSE Pearl Eyeshadow in Metamorphosis
Laura Geller Nude Kisses Hugging Lip Gloss in Blushing
R+CO Acid Wash ACV Cleansing Rinse
Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream
SAND & SKY Australian Pink Clay Flash Perfection Exfoliation Treatment



"Enhance your eyes with this rich, bronze shade that has a pearlized metallic sheen. Wear it alone or add it to the exclusive ittse x Birchbox Customizable Palette."


"This pre-shampoo treatment gets rid of product buildup by using naturally exfoliating apple cider vinegar extract. Use the targeted applicator to apply onto your scalp when hair is wet, massage, and rinse after 1-3 minutes."


"Swipe on this shimmer shade of pinky-mauve to perk up your lips. The creamy, moisturizing formula glides on smoothly sans stickiness."


"Like a superfood smoothie for your face. this exfoliating treatment nourishes and detoxifies to get you glowing fast. Massage into freshly cleansed, damp skin and leave on for five minutes, then rinse."


"Instantly hydrate your complexion with this derm-developed cream that's packed with moisture retaining ceramides. After cleansing, pat a nickel-sized amount onto dry skin."

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

Right off the bat, I'm loving the lip gloss - I don't normally reach for glosses as most of them tend to be too sticky and shimmery, but this one goes on smoothly and leaves a slightly glittery, nude finish. Definitely cute for a night out.

I expected the eyeshadow to be a bit more pigmented but what it lacks in color it definitely makes up for in that promised metallic sheen. Definitely awesome on its own for an understated look, but perfect for building up and layering.

I was hesitant to even give the pre-shampoo treatment a sniff, because any kind of vinegar makes me feel really nauseous, but the scent of this one was remarkably mild and pleasant - I'm looking forward to trying it out.

The Ceramidin Cream makes my skin feel incredibly smooth & hydrated, and the mild citrus scent is also delightful. I really wish the sample size was a bit bigger, though I'll definitely consider buying a full size version of it!

The Australian Clay exfoliation treatment smells like....well, clay. It's undoubtedly an earthy smell, but I'm looking forward to trying it out since I'm in the market for a good exfoliation product that doesn't irritate my skin!

Have you tried any of these products? Which one would you be most excited about using?

Comments

Popular Posts