My Favorite Coats for the Autumn Season

I live in the Northern Hemisphere. Specifically in the Upper Midwest of the United States. By November, it's usually cold enough to snow and often does. But there are still some balmy days and peeks of sunshine here and there, so having a variety of seasonally appropriate coats on hand is incredibly important.

Here are my favorites this year:



I thrifted this fabulous leopard trench a few years ago at a local Goodwill and it's remained one of my favorites ever since. It's on the lighter side, so not a great option for cooler days but when it's +40° or I'm layered up it becomes the one I reach for.

Animal prints are incredibly trendy this year, which is lucky for me since I have so much leopard print already on hand. I love when I don't have to go out and buy something new for a trend I genuinely enjoy.

The only downside to this jacket - no pockets.



I really think everyone should have a good, all-purpose utility jacket. This is the jacket or coat that can take you from hiking in the woods to running weekend errands while still looking stylish. Another thrift store find, this light-weight jacket is made from a sage green khaki and has soft sweater fabric sleeves. The whole thing is lined with a soft satin, making it great for layering.

Year after year, a coat like this is always in style.

Bonus: lots of pockets.



Always one to break from convention, I picked up this bomber jacket in a soft cream color - which pairs well with dark greens and burgundy, making it a fashionable choice for autumn. It's definitely the thicker and warmer of the three, but since it's a snugger fit not magical for layering.

Bomber jackets seem to come and go, but this one will be in rotation in my wardrobe for a while I think.

Pockets: passable but not impressive.


What are your favorite outerwear garments for the season?



Comments

  1. These are great outwear options for the season. During the fall, I tend to go from no jacket to needing my heaviest winter coats with everything that goes between. The weather can't quite make up its mind this time of year.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know. When I was writing this post it was hanging out in the mid 40's and 50's - perfect for layering with light jackets. By the time it had posted though, we've had snow twice and just today it's hovering around 23 F degrees. Ugh!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts