Post-Thanksgiving Round-up



Hello, everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving if that is something you celebrate and didn't get trampled to death during the Black Friday hype sales.

I had a nice dinner on Thursday with my roommate's family - his mom made a ham instead of a turkey. It was a bit of a departure from what I grew up eating, but since I'm not a fan of turkey anyhow I am absolutely not complaining.



After a few glasses of wine, we busted out Cards Against Humanity and played a couple rounds of that before the dogs started getting antsy and wanted to go home with their dad. Overall, it was a quiet and pleasant holiday afternoon.



🙞🙞🙞⚇🙜🙜🙜

Friday....got weird. Unlike a lot of you, I had to go into work that morning.

It ultimately ended up being pointless, since no one came in (they were all shopping or still celebrating with family and friends) and at least I managed to type out some words for my NaNoWriMo project.

Curious about how that's going? Follow me on Twitter to find out: OnTh3Cusp


🙞🙞🙞⚇🙜🙜🙜


But here's the weird part: At around 8:30 am Friday morning, a house in my old neighborhood blew up. You read that correctly: blew up.


For much of last year, I lived at the white 4-plex that I circled in red and walked by the green circle - which used to be a nice little single-family house - nearly every day. The man who lived there was an elderly gentleman who often sold things in his front yard. A perpetual yard sale, so to speak.

And yesterday morning, it all went sky high. Literally.





For the better part of a year, these were our neighbors. My roommate called and checked in on a lot of them yesterday and luckily no one else was hurt. But my heart goes out to all of them who can no longer stay at their homes until it is safe.

🙞🙞🙞⚇🙜🙜🙜

This seems a strange way to kickoff the holiday season for 2018 - which has been a consistently awful year all the way around. Here's hoping....it gets better next year! Cheers.


Comments

  1. Oh wow, that's terrible. I actually did a double-take as I was reading. At least no one was hurt.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's just so cold outside right now and I hope everyone who was displaced has somewhere warm to stay until they can go home.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts