Q&A: get to know me!

This is a pre-planned post since I'm elbows-deep in the NaNoWriMo hellscape at the moment. I likely won't be responding to comments with any regularity during this period. Please be patient with me! 

What is the first thing that you notice when meeting someone new?


I tend to pick up on people's vibes and their energy - that often comes through in how they carry themselves, how they speak, if they maintain eye contact, etc. I don't really notice details about a person right away, which is why I'm terrible with names and eye colors!

Are you an indoor or outdoor person?


Oh, most definitely an indoor person. Whether it's allergies, bugs or adverse weather conditions, I'm not a huge fan of being outside. Ideally, I'd love to spend my days lounging outside in peace...but the reality is that bees, hornets, and other people exist.

What did you do on your most recent birthday?


I turned 31 last month actually and it was an awful day. Not only was I battling a cold, I also had a horrible migraine that day and spent most of it in bed. Which was really frustrating - even if I didn't have the money to do anything fun it would have been nice to just hang out in the house without being in pain...

Do you believe in an afterlife?


I do and I don't. I definitely believe in some kind of existence beyond death, I've had too many paranormal encounters not to. But as for an eternal place of rest for human souls? I'm really not sure, I might be in the reincarnation camp.

If you could try out any job for one week, what job would you choose to try?


I'd love to be an auto mechanic for a week. I used to have a lot of fun working on cars with my uncle when I was a teenager, something about being kinetically active with my hands and working towards a goal (to get a car running) felt really productive.

Have you ever been in any YouTube videos?


Yes, I used to have my own active Youtube channel! I haven't put any videos on it for a long time (I don't have a good camera, I don't have a computer or good editing software, etc) but I'd love to get back into it to supplement the blog.

Would you rather be stuck in a house with someone you hate or be stuck in a house alone?


Initial reaction: Stuck in a house alone. As long as I have coffee, some good books to read, and the internet I'd likely be just fine for up to six solid months.

Secondary reaction: What's the objective of being stuck in this house with someone I hate? Are we meant to be reconciled or do I have permission to terrorize them serial-killer style? If it's the latter, I'm all in. A part of me has always wondered what the perspective of the slasher-film killer is like...

What was your least favorite subject in school?


Math. Not only am I number-dyslexic (it's called dyscalculia ), but pretty much all of my math teachers in school were impatient and rude individuals who did not have the discipline or ability to make math enjoyable. And they really looked down on those of us who struggled, instead of trying to help us. Bad teachers make math awful. 

What movies have you re-watched the most number of times?


It's a toss up between Labyrinth, The Princess Bride, Beetlejuice, and Phantom of the Opera. Labyrinth will probably win, easily.

How long does it take for you to get ready in the morning?


If I'm pushed, five minutes. No joke - I will get out of bed, use the restroom, and have my clothes on in five minutes. Usually though, a good 30 minutes will set me straight. I'm a fairly low maintenance person most of the time - no makeup or fancy hairstyles for this witch.

Do you shower in the morning or evening?


Depends. I often like to soak in a hot bath at night, so I'll shower the morning prior. But sometimes it's nice to literally and figuratively wash off the day.

How many email addresses do you have?


I have three that I know are active: My office Outlook account, my personal email, and my "professional" email.

What is the longest that you've gone without doing laundry?


A month, easily. We have coin-op laundry in our building and sometimes I just don't have the change to run the machine. So I'll re-wear a lot of things and wait to do laundry until I have a full load. 

Which is good, because it means I have to really use my entire wardrobe and not just wear the same five things over and over.

What's the worst thing about your gender?


That's a complicated question, because I identify as nonbinary. So the worst thing? Definitely being misgendered, even after explaining my gender and what pronouns I'd like people to use. I'm a they/them sort of dude, and I get kind of weird about being referred to as Ma'am or Miss. I present in a typically feminine manner, so the confusion is unavoidable but still...



So that's that. If you have any questions you'd like me to answer in a future edition, drop them in the comments section below, on my Facebook page, my Instagram, or my Twitter account. Cheers!


Comments

  1. It was great getting to know you better. Thanks for sharing this.

    My first reaction to being stuck in a house with someone you hate or to be stuck alone was actually the opposite. At first I thought time heals all so it would be better to be with someone else, but then I realized that it would just be a more active/agonizing kind of torture.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts