Winter Tag 2018



Created by ELLDUCLOS, but I lifted it from Emily Aagaard - this is The Winter Tag 2018



1. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

I enjoy baking this time of year, so my favorite tradition is trying a new cookie recipe every year. Last year I made gingerbread (from scratch!) on my own and this year I think I want to do something a little more vegan, just to be more inclusive and challenge myself to go outside my norms.

2. What is your favorite winter scent?

I love anything that smells like pine or spruce. Frosted, icy or cool scents are always welcome and offset all the warm and spicy smells of the holidays.

3. What is your favorite winter go-to fashion trend?

I get cold very easily, so for me it would have to be scarves. The bulkier and cozier the better!

4. What is your all-time favorite holiday movie?

Die Hard. It's the only Christmas film that matters. Fight me.

5. What is your favorite all-time holiday tune?

I prefer secular holiday tunes over anything religious, but I absolutely adore the Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas albums.

6. Do you prefer to travel or stay at home during the holidays?

Someday, I would love to travel and go somewhere exotic for the holidays - like Japan or Malaysia. But usually I prefer to stay home where it's quiet and cozy. Introverting, for the win.

7. What's your favorite winter activity?

As mentioned above, I enjoy baking. It's really the only time it isn't too hot to run the oven all day long, so I make a lot cookies, cakes, and pies during the winter!

8. Do you love or hate the snow?

Honestly, I hate it. It's not fun to trudge through on the way to work, driving through it is frightening and tense. It only looks pretty when it's falling outside the window and you don't have anywhere to be.

9. What is one item on your wish list this year?

Health insurance. No joke - I've been fighting with the state to actually get access so I can enroll in something before 2019. Otherwise, it'll be another year with no insurance and a lot of 'hopes and prayers' I don't get sick or injured. 

10. What is your favorite holiday treat?

I really like gingerbread. Really, really like gingerbread.


❅Wanna participate? Consider yourself tagged!❅

Comments

  1. I do love icy and cool scents too, besides the warm and spicy smells around the holidays!! I get cold really easily too! Chunky knit scarves are really great :D I don't eat gingerbread often enough honestly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, I wish gingerbread flavored stuff was available all year!

      Delete
  2. Agree about all your statements re: snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the snow too. It really can be so beautiful, but I wish it didn't come with such cold weather. I also really like pine and spruce. They are such wonderful smells and they always make me feel like I'm in a forest (one of my happy places).

    I hope you get health insurance and don't get sick before you do. Good luck.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate your comment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get my insurance situation figured out as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts