The 2019 Spring Trends I'm Most Excited About


The 2019 Spring Trends are shaping up to be a weird hodgepodge of styles, and while that might look kind of strange on the runway, it's good news for us lowly consumers. With so many differing styles gearing up to become trendy the moment the snow melts, it means there's a little something for everyone who wants to jump on a fashion bandwagon.

Here are the ones I'm most excited about:

Bermuda Shorts

Yes, give me some length! Bermuda style shorts that are a bit roomier and more reminiscent of a safari short are perfect for spring and summer. Not only are they comfortable, but they pair well with cropped tops and make your legs look miles long.

Animal Print

Hanging on from the previous season, animal prints like leopard and snake skin will be worn aplenty in the coming season. I, for one, am glad I don't have to put away all my leopard blouses this spring!

Photo by EVG photos from Pexels

Ruffles and Frills

There is nothing that gives me more pleasure than a chance to pay homage to my Gothic Lolita days. Frills, bows, ruffles and all things doll-like were seen on the runway this season - if you want to translate that into a more wearable look try a frilly skirt with a button down blouse and loafers.

Bird Wings

As much as I wish I could grow a pair of wings and fly away, I guess I'll have to settle for wearing feathers on my clothing. In order to avoid any kind of Native appropriation (for my American readers) double and even triple check where your feathers are sourced and be mindful of any designs that look "tribal."

Photo by EVG photos from Pexels

Yellow

Normally, I reserve yellow for autumn and it gets tucked away in my wardrobe after that, but this year yellow is staying out and calling to the power of the sun. Hey, if that's what it takes to melt this snow and end winter on a calm note - I'll happily keep rocking my mustard yellow cardigan!

Polka Dots

There's something both incredibly fresh and retro about polka dots. It's a fun and youthful print, but also one that screams classy and timeless. A real paradox and that's what makes polka dots appropriate for any season.

Photo by Godisable Jacob from Pexels

Utility Wear

When I think of "utility" I automatically picture cargo pants. The good news is, cargo pants aren't only for dudes - a cute skinny pant with cargo pant looks great with a bomber jacket and sneakers!



What 2019 spring fashion trends are you most excited about? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

  1. These are all great trends and I'm especially into animal prints and utility wear lately. I've worn these for years and I'm happy to see a lot more inspiration for them now that they're on-trend.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts