Wishtrend's #thegoodpackage Review


Quite a few of my favorite Youtubers have been 'repping' this company and their products lately (like Sharmander and Caricakes - who also have their own affiliate boxes) and after reading a ton of reviews about their Green Tea Powder Wash and the Vitamin C Serum I knew I had to check it out.

So, one afternoon, during a boring work shift, I popped onto their website to see what was up. And this limited-time deal struck my fancy: #thegoodpackage for $80 containing only cruelty-free products w/ proceeds going to an animal charity.

How could I say no?


So what is Wishtrend?

Basically, Wishtrend is a retailer in Korea that offers their in-house brand along with a few other ethical beauty brands. They have select locations in Korea, but ship worldwide. Frequently they have package deals you can buy, such as the one I purchased, and they tend to be great deals since you get a ton of freebies with them.

Wishtrend also partners with influencers, as I mentioned above, and you can get a lot of great stuff at incredibly low prices by ordering an affiliate's customized beauty box.



Why #thegoodpackage though?

First and foremost, I loved that all the products in this box are cruelty-free. Many of them are even vegan and are often produced in small batches locally in Korea with sustainable ingredients. So that sold me already, but this box contains everything a person might need to get started on their Korean skincare journey.

I'm sure you've read at least one article or blog post about the now infamous 10 or 12 Step Korean Skincare Routine, correct? While that might be a tad bit excessive for the average consumer and certainly not beneficial to all skin types, Korea is cornering the market with their products these days and fortunately it's becoming more and more affordable.

Let's unpack #thegoodpackage, shall we?



The Mugwort Mask from I'm From is a wash off mask that calms and cools the skin. It contains 2.1% of the natural herb mugwort that is known for treating inflammation, acne, and redness in the skin. This is the perfect mask to smear on at the end of a long work week - and while it smells a bit medicinal - even I can't deny how smooth and rejuvenated my face felt after rinsing it off.

(You will need to work at removing it, the little bits of herb WILL stick to your face and hairline!)


I've used Vitamin C serums in the past, but nothing like Wishtrend's Pure Vitamin C 21.5% Advanced Serum. Vitamin C works as an antioxidant to brighten skin and reduce redness and fine lines, but since this formulation is a little intense, I would recommend testing it out on your inner arm to make sure you don't have a reaction. Fortunately, I don't have sensitive skin, so I took to this one instantly.

It is recommended to store this one in the refrigerator and definitely use a good sun cream over it!


The Rich Moist Soothing Cream from dear, Klairs is possibly one of the best moisturizing creams on the market with no parabens, fragrances, or artificial coloring. It's also vegan-friendly and has a pH balance of 6.5 + 1.0 (So use it after your Vitamin C if any mild irritation occurs!)

Most of these rich creams sit kind of heavy on my combination skin, so I prefer to use this overnight rather than as a day moisturizer. If your skin is on the drier side, this might be perfect for you!


So, dear, Klairs makes two of their well-loved toners - the Supple Preparation Facial Toner and a version without essential oils if the fragrance is a bother. This toner restores hydration to the skin and balances your pH levels. Apparently, doing so improves the effectiveness of your entire skincare regime, so I've been using it everyday and I can definitely see a difference in how well other products sink into my skin upon application.

I'm definitely going to keep this in my rotation.


This one may be the most controversial product here, depending on how you feel about "chemical sunscreens" - but the Soft Airy UV Essence from dear, Klairs is a modern marvel. This water-based sun cream has an SPF of 50 and a PA ++++ so it protects really well against UVA and UVB. It also sinks into the skin rather than sitting on top of it, which means you can easily wear this under makeup with little fuss.

Honestly, this pale Irish-Polish gal is just glad it doesn't leave a greasy cast on her face.



It was a toss-up for me - I couldn't decide if I wanted to try the Green Tea Powder Wash or this one: Wishtrend's Acid-Duo 2% Mild Gel Cleanser. The decision was made for me when I ordered this package and I couldn't be happier. This gel cleanser contains two important acids - a salicylic LHA for chemical exfoliation and gluconolactone (PHA) that helps restore moisture. It foams up into a nice lather that rinses off clean and doesn't leave the face feeling tight or dry.

We can probably thank Wishtrend's obsession with pH balances for that, because this one clocks in at a nearly neutral 5.5. Woot.


And of course, we can't ignore the nice selection of sheet masks that came in #thegoodpackage, you can find them all right here.

Provided:

  • Wishtrend's Natural Vitamin 21.5% Enhancing Sheet Mask
  • Wishtrend's Hours Long Moisturizing Gauze Mask
  • dear, Klairs' Midnight Blue Calming Sheet Mask
  • dear, Klairs' Rich Soothing Tencel Sheet Mask
  • I'm From Mugwort Sheet Mask


Overall, I am really happy with the selection of products in this box and how well they work together for a skincare regimen. It's nice to receive a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, sunscreen, etc at the same time so you don't have to go without one while you shop around for that perfect product.

Wishtrend also sells other "routine" boxes depending on one's skincare needs, so definitely check them out if you're not sure where to start! I know I'll definitely be ordering from them again.


Tiny package of freebies. <3



Comments

  1. Joanne R Prewitt7/24/19, 12:09 PM

    Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may help me for future. I found How To Get a refund on PS4 Games

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Thank you for sharing valuable information. I enjoyed reading this post. Please Feel Free to Visit haute her tips for skin care skin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts