40 Beauty Questions Answered

40 Beauty Questions Answered

SKINCARE

-How many times do you wash your face daily?
Morning and night - in the a.m. I use a duo-acid cleanser and at night I scrub everything off with a green tea enzyme powder wash. 

-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
Definitely combination, but it veers to the oily side during the summer months.

-What is your current facial wash?
Both of my facial cleansers are from Wishtrend.

-Do you exfoliate?
About one or twice a week I use chemical exfoliant serums.

-What brand do you use?
My favorite is from a Korean company called dear Klairs

-What moisturizer do you use?
I used a combination moisturizer and SPF cream from dear Klairs.

-Do you have freckles?
None that I can detect with my naked eye.

-Do you use eye cream?
The dark circles under my eyes are both a result of poor sleep and genetics, so I use an eye serum and an eye butter combo from Wishtrend. Both have caffeine to wake up the eyes.

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Not really. I do get the one off breakout right before my period though - usually on my chin or forehead.

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
Goodness no and I would have dumped any dermatologist recommending it. I know folks who got chemical burns from using those products.

MAKE-UP

-What foundation do you use?
None! I prefer a BB cream or just a tinted moisturizer. 

-How about concealer?
I very rarely use a concealer, so I don't have a favorite.

-Do you know your undertone colour?
I know I swing between neutral and warm toned. 

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
They look great but they make my eyes irritated and itchy, so I can't wear them.

-Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes - but I usually forget and then just end up hoarding old ones until they dry up!

-What brand of mascara do you use?
Benefit's "They're Real" Lengthening mascara.

-Sephora or MAC?
Honestly, neither. Ulta is the best place to buy makeup.

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nope, I've actually never purchased a MAC product.

-What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
A couple of odd brushes, a beauty blender, and my fingers.

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
When I'm wearing eye shadow, yes.

-For the face?
Yes. I use a primer from E.L.F.

-What is your favourite eye shadow (colour or shade)?
Copper or gold seem to look the best on me. 

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
It depends - if I'm going for a smoky look I always use a pencil. Otherwise, I prefer a gel liner or one of those felt-tip liquid liner pens. 

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Very rarely, as I don't really do much tight-lining anymore.

-What do you think of pigment eye shadows?
They're way too intense for me, I prefer a more subtle wash of color.

-Do you use mineral makeup?
I used to have some mineral powders but my skin didn't like them much. 

-What is your favourite lipstick?
I don't wear lipstick much. But I enjoy the tinted lip balms from Burts Bees.

-How about lipgloss?
No, it's a texture thing. I don't like it on my face at all.

-What is your favourite blush to use?
I have a beautiful dusty rose blush from Avon that I'll dip into on special occasions. Otherwise, I don't use blush often. 

-Do you buy your makeup on eBay?
That's a thing? I honestly had no idea anyone was selling makeup on Ebay.

-Do you like drugstore makeup?
A lot of drugstore brands have really improved in the last decade and some of them make great dupes for higher end products. So yeah, I suppose I do.

-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
No, I'd never even heard of this and had to look it up. I mostly shop local department stores or online for makeup!

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
I thought about it when I was younger, but there are so many Youtubers out there giving makeup tutorials that it hardly feels necessary now.

-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I wouldn't say clumsy, but I do have trouble getting eyeliner wings even and so most of the time I don't even bother. The contours of my face are strange, so I never know where to put blush to make it look natural either.

-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
I don't believe in makeup crimes. People have different aesthetic preferences and different reasons for wearing makeup, but those who don't wash their face before bed are doing themselves a serious disservice.

-Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick, eye shadow) or neutral ones?
I prefer wearing more neutral tones now that I'm older, but I do love a bold eye shadow look from time to time. 

-Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I think Rihanna always looks amazing. 

-If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Probably a BB cream with SPF.

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes, I do it all the time.

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I honestly prefer my face without makeup most of the time. Eyeliner makes my eye shape look really different and I don't always like it.

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
No lie, I think E.L.F. has come a long way in the past few years and so many of their products are richly pigmented and long-lasting. They're also one of the most affordable.

-What do you think of Makeup? 
I have mixed feelings on it that tie into a social culture that thrives on making people feel insecure about their looks to sell products and a patriarchy that rewards or punishes people for how well they "perform" femininity. In the end, I think it's a personal choice to wear or not wear makeup and nobody should be shamed either way for their choices.  


I can't remember who originally tagged me in this post years ago, but I thought it would be fun to revisit and maybe pass it along to anyone else looking for some lighthearted content to add to their blog! 

Comments

  1. Really enjoyed reading your answers. I'd say I have combination skin too and I can't do winged eyeliner to save my life so most of the time I don't even bother!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one - I really thought there was some super easy trick to mastering the wing that I was just too silly to figure out. Haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts